Mostly about food, this blog is just a place for me to throw things that are of interest to me. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by an look around. This represents just some of the stops on the various pathways that this amateur home cook finds himself.

You may find that these foods tend toward protein and away from carbohydrates - this is due to diabetic issues, so I try to only sparingly use carbs, and good ones at that. Of course, sometimes I forget....

Feel free to drop me a line with any suggestions or just to let me know what you think. Thanks!

If you c


Search This Blog

A Little Navigation...

Yá át ééh!

I want to thank you for the time that you spend here, and hope that you can find useful things here.

Hagoonee'


Saturday, February 14, 2009

St. Valentine's Day

I am a fortunate guy - I had company for dinner on Valentine's Day. So I was thinking, what would be a perfect Valentine's Day meal for a couple of hungry carnivores with healthy appetites? The story begins with a pair of 20 oz. 1 1/2" thick Prime Rib steaks:

These were dry aged for a while, and then lightly rubbed with extra virgin olive oil and freshly ground sea salt and black peppercorns. After a short rest, on to the grill they went.

But, man (or woman) cannot live by steak alone, but one can come close on surf & turf. So along with the beef, I fetched up some U-10 shrimp and scallops. When placed alongside a baked potato wearing butter, sour cream and chives, the feast was complete:


Everything was delicious! There are however two half-steaks left over, so another great meal lays just over the horizon.

No comments: